April 20, 2021
Chin News

Chin Buddhist magazine published in Rangoon

01 September 2013: An August edition of a Chin Buddhist magazine called Chin Yaung Chi has been out in Burmese in Rangoon.

The tri-monthly magazine published by the Chin Buddhist Sasana Palaka (CBSP) Association is distributed free and also available online.

The advisory board of the fourth Chin Yaung Chi magazine consists of four members, U Phe Ling Maung, U Shing Ling Thang and U Tin Aung.

Editor-in-Charge Maung Nwe Htun (Paukkaung) said in his editorial the Chins live in a total of 32 villages in Paukkaung Township in Pyay District of Bago Region.

He said eighty percent of the Chin population in Paukkaung Township is Buddhist.

CBSP was formed at a meeting in Sanchaung of Rangoon on 22 December 2011.

A pamphlet by the association said the idea of establishing the organization had existed among the Chin Buddhist members over the past ten years.

The 2012-13 activity report of CBSP includes inviting and sponsoring Chin Buddhists, who had never been to Rangoon, to the former capital, and assisting Buddhist members who would like to visit villages where Chin Buddhists live.

About 30 percent of the total population in Chin State are Buddhist while the remaining 70 percent belongs to various religions, according to the tract publication. #

Related Posts