Day one programme of Chin National Conference 2013
11 November 2013: The Chin National Conference (CNC) is set to kick off at the Carson Hall in Hakha, Chin State tomorrow.
Over 500 leaders and representatives of different Chin organizations and groups are expected to participate in the event.
U Aung Min, Minister of the President’s Office, and U Win Tun, Minister of Environmental Conservation and Forestry, will not attend the Chin conference due to the EU-Burma Joint Task Force meeting on 13-15 November.
Morning session in brief (8:30am to 12:00noon)
– Welcome speech by Chairperson Dr. Za Hlei Thang
– Message from Union Minister on behalf of the government Burma to be read by Colonel Zaw Min Oo, Minister of Security and Border Affairs of the Chin State government
– Opening speech by Hung Ngai, Chief Minister of the Chin State government
– Speech on behalf of Chin Affairs Ministers by Salai Ko Ko Naing, Chin Affairs Minister of Rakhine State
– Paper presentations by political parties and organizations
Afternoon session in brief (13:00pm to 17:00pm)
– Presentation on outcomes of public consultations by CNF (Chin National Front)
– Reports and announcements by CNC Joint Organizing Committee, Programme Committee, Finance Committee, Reception Committee, and Media Committee
– Closing speech by Chairperson Dr. Za Hlei Thang
Day one ends.#